Friday 29 October 2021

Skee-lo

Antoine Roundtree better known as Skee-Lo is an American born (Mar 5) singer/rapper. Best known for the title track of his only album, "I wish". The song uses a horn sample from Bernard Wright's "Spinnin'." Another hit "Top of the Stairs" was featured in the ending credits as well as the soundtrack to the 1995 film Money Train.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Dec 1995   15	I Wish
Apr 1996   38	Top Of The Stairs

What happened next?
Skee-Lo quietly 'retired' from rapping five months after the album's release because of a dispute with label Sunshine Records. Skee-Lo claimed the label took all the credit from the album's success, and he did not make a single cent from it. He said "So I refused to shoot any more videos, promote or record music. I’m not their slave. I wasn’t working for free."
After many years he eventually won the rights against the label in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment