Sunday 24 October 2021

Shanice

Shanice Lorraine Wilson-Knox or just Shanice is an American born (May 14) singer–songwriter, actress and dancer. She is best known for international hit, "I love your smile". Before becoming famous, Shanice was nine years old when she appeared in a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial with the legendary jazz vocalist Ella Fitzgerald. "I love your smile" was the lead single from her second album, "Inner Child" and would reach #2 in both the US behind George Michael/Elton John's "Don't let the sun go down on me" and the UK behind Shakespeare's Sister's "Stay". According to the midweek charts, ITV chart show in March 1992, she did unoffically reach #1 (although video shows her dropping back to #2)

. Shanice would have more success back in the States with "Silent Prayer" featuring Johnny Gill reaching #31 and "Saving forever for you" reaching #4 in 1992. Her last hit in the States was "When I close my eyes" when it made #12 in 1999.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Feb 1992    2	I Love Your Smile

What happened next?
If you ever met a woman called "Shanice", you can bet she was born in 1992 because of the success "I love your smile," the number of baby girls dramatically increased and very quickly decreased soon afterwards. Shanice recently appeared in the comedy, "Stuck with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment