Tuesday 26 October 2021

Shola Ama

Shola Ama is an English born (Mar 8) singer who best known for her version of Randy Crawford's "You might need someboday" and the UK top 3 hit, "You're the one I love". Shola was discovered singing to herself ona platform at a London tube station and on her 16th birthday signed a recording contract. Her debut single was "You're the one I love" was failed to chart. However, the next song was Turley Richards penned "You might need somebody" and that reached #4 in the UK. The re-issue of "You're the one I love" gave Shola her biggest hit when it reached #3 in August 1997. Other hits (including the title track) from her debut album, "Much love" followed. She collaborated with Glamma Kid on "Taboo" (based on Sade's "Sweetest Taboo") and spent 1 week at #1 on UK Dance Chart in April 1999.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Apr 1997    4	You Might Need Somebody
Aug 1997    3	You're The One I Love
Nov 1997   13	Who's Loving My Baby
Feb 1998   17	Much Love
Apr 1998   28	Someday I'll Find You / I've Been To A Marvellous Party	(with Craig Armstrong / Divine Comedy)
Nov 1999   26	Still Believe
Apr 1999   10	Taboo	(Glamma Kid featuring Shola Ama)

What happened next?
Shola Ama played a garage gig alongside Artful Dodger, Crazy Cousinzm DJ Luck and MC Neat, Oxide and Neutrino and Piped Piper, July 2021. Shola's last album was "Surreal" in 2015 but her most recent single release was "My Future" in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment