Monday 4 October 2021

Robert Palmer

Robert Allan Palmer or just Robert Palmer was an English born (Jan 19) pop-rock vocalist, songwriter and musician. He started as a member of supergroup, Power Station and biggest solo hit was "Addicted to Love". In the 1990s, he is best known for his collaboration with UB40 on Bob Dylan's "I'll be your baby tonight" and his version of Marvin Gaye's "Mercy mercy me - I want you". Both from the album, "Don't Explain" and both UK Top 10 hits.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Nov 1990    6	I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (with UB40)
Jan 1991    9	Mercy Mercy Me - I Want You
Sep 1994   25	Know By Now
Dec 1994   38	You Blow Me Away

What happened next?
Tragically, Robert Palmer died from a sudden heart attack in a Paris hotel room on 26 September 2003 at age 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment