Saturday 20 November 2021

Sybil

Sybil Lynch or just Sybil is an American born R&B and pop singer–songwriter. She is the cousin of former En Vogue singer Maxine Jones She had success in the late 80s with "Don't make me over" and "Walk on by". The latter was still in the UK chart at the start of the 90s. She had 2 more UK top 5 hits with "The love I lost" and "When I'm good and ready". Sybil achieved the unfortunate feat of narrowly missing the UK top 40 twice when both "Beyond Your Wildest Dreams" and "Stronger Together" reached #41 (Vanessa Mae is only other act during the 90s to achieve that feat with "Classical Gas" and "I feel love")

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Jan 1990    6	Walk On By
Jan 1993    3	The Love I Lost (West End featuring Sybil)
Mar 1993    5	When I'm Good And Ready

What happened next?
These days Sybil works in education, formerly teaching lyric & songwriting composition and creative writing, and is now a program coordinator and lead achievement coach at Guilford Technical Community College in Greensboro, N.C. Sybil still does gigs and releases the occasional single. Her last release was with Four Kings on "Together you and I" in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment