Wednesday 15 December 2021

Utah Saints

Utah Saints are an English electronic band based in Yorkshire. They are best known for the songs "What can you do for me", "Something Good" and "Believe in me" (which is also known as the vocal sample trilogy). Their style is notable for their extensive use of sampling technology, manipulating samples from mainstream pop and rock songs and combining them with contrasting dance beats. "What can you do for me" sampled Eurythmics' "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)" and Gwen Guthrie's "Ain't Nothin' Goin' on But the Rent". "Something Good" heavily sampled Kate Bush's "Cloudbusting". "Believe in Me" was based on "Love Action" by Human League and "You Gave Me Love" by Crown Heights Affair.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Aug 1991   10	What Can You Do For Me	
Jun 1992    4	Something Good
May 1993    8	Believe In Me
Jul 1993   25	I Want You
Jun 1994   32	I Still Think Of You

What happened next?
Utah Saints have also gained a certain notoriety for the long gap between releases - their follow-up, Two (2000), came eight years after their debut (1992). No news on a third album as yet. They ran the SugarBeat Club nights from 1998 to 2010 at various UK locations. Updated remixes of "Something Good" (UK #8, 2008) and "What can you do for me" (UK#28, 2012) were released.

No comments:

Post a Comment