Thursday 4 March 2021

Bucketheads

Bucketheads is a disco-sampling solo project of American born (Jul 5) Carl Kenneth Gonzalez (better known Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez or K-Dope). Bucketheads is best known for "The Bomb!", which was a top 5 in the UK in March 1995. It samples Chicago's "Street Player" and the voice of Reverend C.L. Franklin (taken from Green Velvet's Preacherman). The subtitle of the track, "These Sounds Fall Into My Mind", is inspired by the lyrics of Street Player ("Street sounds swirling through my mind"). The B-side, "I Wanna Know" samples Atmosfear's Motivation. "The Bomb!" spent 2 weeks at #1 on US Dance Chart in April 1995. The follow-up "Got myself together" was both a UK and US Dance #1 in January 1996.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Mar 1995    5	The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)
Jan 1996   12	Got Myself Together

What happened next?
Kenny Dope currently owns and produces under the name of Kay Dee Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment