Friday 7 January 2022

49ers

49ers were an Italian house and Eurodance act featuring producers and DJs Gianfranco Bortolotti, Luca Cittadini, Diego Leoni and Pieradis Rossini with vocalist Ann-Marie Smith. They were named after the San Francisco American Football Team. (Also not to be confused with the US hip-hop outfit of the same name)
They are best known "Touch me" and "Don't you love me", which both spent 2 weeks at #1 on US Billboard Dance chart. "Touch me" heavily sampled Alisha Warren's "Touch me" and actually released in UK (Europe) in December 1989 where it peaked at #3 but was in the top 40 for a while at the start of 1990. It also spent 5 weeks at #1 on top of the Canada Dance chart in April 1990.

90 Hits (Discography):
Date	   UK	Song
Dec 1989    3	Touch Me
Mar 1990   12	Don't You Love Me
Jun 1990   31	Girl To Girl
Mar 1995   31	Rockin' My Body

What happened next?
49ers released four more singles including "Lovin' You", "Baby I'm Yours", "I Got The Music" and "Let The Sunshine In" before disbanding in 1998. In 2010, 49ers briefly returned with a single entitled "Je Cherche Apres Titine", which featured samples from Charlie Chaplin's comedy film "Modern Times" from 1936. In 2013, 49ers released a song called "Shine on in love" with a singer Cheryl Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment